Level 2 Award in door supervision provide the highest quality of training needed to work in the UK’s Private Security Industry and get your SIA license. Our 4 day door supervision course is designed to give you the most rewarding and enjoyable security training available in London.
- February 27th – March 2nd
At Iridium Training Academy, our security training courses are designed to give the all-important ‘real-life’ experience. Our trainers practical examples which underpin the learning and understanding required to pass the exams for the Level 2 Award in Door Supervision.
What will I learn?
This course will cover all aspects of the door supervisors role. Through door supervision, you will gain a firm understanding of the door supervisors responsibilities. You will also have confidence in dealing with conflict and disputes in a professional manor.
The 4 day door supervision course covers the following units:
Day One – Working in the Private Security Industry
- Know the purpose and main features of the private security industry
- Understand the legislation that is relevant to people working in the private security industry
- Understand relevant aspects of health and safety in the workplace
- Know how to apply the principles of fire safety
- Know how to deal with non-fire related workplace emergencies
- Understand the principles of effective communication and customer care in the private security industry
Day Two – Door Supervision
- Understand the behaviour appropriate for individual door supervisors, as defined by the Security Industry Authority’s (SIA) Standards of Behaviour
- Understand the elements of civil and criminal law relevant to door supervisors
- Understand search procedures and the reasons for having them
- Understand the powers of arrest and related procedures
- Understand relevant drug legislation and its relevance to the role of the door supervisor
- Understand incident recording and crime scene preservation
- Understand licensing law and social responsibility
- Understand and be able to follow procedures for emergency situations
Day Three – Conflict Management
- Understand the principles of conflict management appropriate to their role
- Understand how to recognise, assess and reduce risk in conflict situations
- Understand how to communicate effectively in emotive situations and de-escalate conflict
- Understand how to develop and use problem solving strategies for resolving conflict
- Understand good practice to follow after conflict situations
Day Four – Physical Intervention Skills for the Private Security Industry
- Understand physical intervention and the legal and professional implication of their use
- Understand how to reduce the risk of harm when physical intervention skills are used
- Be able to use non-pain related physical skills to protect yourself and others from assault
- Be able to use non-pain related standing holding and escorting techniques, including non-restrictive and restrictive skills
- Understand good practice to follow after physical interventions
All training courses on door supervision are assessed using multiple choice exams. Iridium Training Academy offer free re-sits in the unlikely event if you do not get desired result.
Where is the door supervision course held?
Our state of the art training academy based in South East London will accommodate you to learn in a relaxed and professional environment.
You will be taught by our experienced team of professionals within a small class of like minded individuals. Our training academy provides cafe facilities and a modern learning environment.
How can I apply?
You can speak with one of our team to discuss your training or book onto the next convenient course. Call us on 0208 301 8415, Email us at email@example.com, or click here to use our online booking form or request a call-back using the form below.
Paying for your course
There are several ways to pay for your door supervision course. You can use our online booking system or pay by card over the phone. We also accept cash if you’re able to make it to our training academy in person.
Request a Call-Back